Click here to return to the home page

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meat Crust Pizza

Hi, all!  I just wanted to share with you a quick little recipe that you are going to love.  It is called Meat Crust Pizza.  See, hubby and I are trying to go low carb.  I discovered this and we absolutely love it.  Even our son, who shakes his head at most of my low carb dishes, loves this!

I used 2 lbs of 93% lean hamburger, 1 egg, and about 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, mixed well with some Italian seasoning to taste.  Press it into a greased cookie baking pan.  Bake it at 350 for about 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and drain the fat.  It will shrink to about that size, which is more than enough to feed everyone at dinner.

While the meat crust is baking, I sauteed a chopped onion, half of a green pepper (chopped) and a package of fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms in a little olive oil.

After draining the fat, layer on some pizza sauce, and go clear to the edges.  Then I sprinkled cheese, added sliced pepperoni, salami, and canadian bacon, sprinkle on a little more cheese, then the veggies, then some olives, and finally a little more cheese.

Bake again for about 10 minutes.  TAA DAA...Meat Crust Pizza!  Make a giant salad to go with it, and dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment